Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

STARCRASH!!!

It's April Fool's Day, so, I had to mention one of my favorite "best worst films ever made" and that is "Starcrash: The Adventures of Stella Star" from 1978. My good friend Susan sat with us and watched this film on Sunday, but, Susan is far and away more eloquent than I so I will send you to her blog where she presents a hysterical and really well done review-with pictures-of this moment in cinematic mystery:

http://www.rixosous.com/2009/03/starcrash.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Susan de Guardiola said...

Thanks for the link and for showing me the movie!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks SUsan for writing such a review AS ONLY YOU could!!! So well done!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Joe Meils said...

As I think I've mentioned on other online groups we're a part of, this is my all time favorite bad movie. To me, this thing is far more enjoyable than even Plan 9 or Robot Monster.

One of the best stories I ever heard about the making of this flick was from David Hasslehoff himself. My wife and I were visiting Universal Studios back when David Lynch's "Dune" was coming out, and we met the Hoff (who was doing the original knightrider at the time) and I mentioned how much I liked this film. He told us that this movie's ending was written the night before shooting finished, in his hotel room with the director and co-star Caroline Munro, over two bottles of wine... How cool is that? This was definitely the kind of movie you'd expect from a group of science fiction fans, who were making things up as they went! (part of the movie's charm, really.)

Loved your comment about the "Freas Chair"... that and the "rifle ray" are wonderful props... typical itallian sculpted fiberglass.

Oddly, my DVD copy of this has an alternate title of "Female Space Invaders." Lat time I've checked, this movie holds the record for the number of alternate titles it's had.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home