Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Man Mountain Bob

I am so busy it's kind of scary in a good way. I have several private commissions, six bookcovers, and two book projects and a gallery show all working me well into this year. It's a good place to be in despite it is a matter of just getting the "ducks in a row" as it were. To artists, my advice is, diversify and do lots of different things. I learned this also from my friend John Davis, and his various scripts, ideas and so on-have lots of irons in the fire. The people who have suffered badly in this Recession are, the people who relied on one and only one specialty thing. I worked my last "9 to 5 job" in 1983 and have been so busy since, I haven't looked back.

Hence it's why no time to do some small works of late. As I get beyond the shock of Mum's passing, I'm emerging into a better outlook and a positive view. I know she's up there looking in on me, I have no question of this.

SO I have to climb the mountain but I think the view from there, will be spectacular.

5 Comments:

Blogger Apotheosis said...

It's always great to see positive attitude in people. A breath of fresh air, really, as we can all get very doom-and-gloom when life turns a bit sour.
Well done Bob. Looking forward to seeing your new works of art!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks. All we can do is be positive. I think it all starts with that. I get tired of doom and gloom

12:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This lifts my spirits a bit. I was wondering why I wasn't noticing the recession too badly.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Tanja said...

Hi Bob,

It's good to hear that established artists are still doing very well during this "down" time!

I've just stepped into going full-time freelance last year, and I was curious if you ever have or currently work with an art agent or do you do all of your own marketing and networking to continue to grow your client list? Along with the bit of diversifying with lots of different things. :)

t

3:18 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hi Tanja-thanks for stopping in. I do my own. I used to have agents but all wound up being a pain in the backside in the long run. Diversifying is the name of the game, trust me on this!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home