Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, March 09, 2009

A Big YES For Common Sense...and Science

I usually don't get political but here goes. I love President Obama. He's everything I'd hoped for-he's not perfect, and he's not a messiah.... but the man is a thinker. And in polls, it appears I'm in the majority.

Today he reversed the backward Bush policies about Stem Cell Research, and has re-iterated his push to get SCIENCE back taught in schools and on the front burner. The unfortunate problem with the past 8 years has been the fact that ideology has replaced common sense. People who wave the Bible and twist words around to being some kind of "sacred word of God" decided that ideology should be national policy. Ditto war because they read some old words and twisted them into some kind of "prophecy". These are morons who believe the earth is flat, and that the earth is only about 4 to 6000 years old. Sad that people live like that, they must like simple ideas in their minds.. I got accosted in Borders books by some idiot wanting me to "come and read the Bible" with him. Got news for him, I've done that. It's a nice mythology, oral history if you will, but it's not about God(if that's what you believe in). These are backward people, and backward people are what will doom the future, they listen to Rush Limbaugh-who they don't realize is merely an entertainer with no interest, other than funding his own drug habits with his bloviating on radio "Dear! It's Rush Limbaugh on the radio! HE can tell us what to do!". These are people who need to be told what to do. They they'd rather be sheep, than people who blaze their own trails. Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and Mark Twain(my hero) all had quotes for the dangers of mixing ideology, with politics.

So, bravo for science, and for President Obama. And a good day for Common Sense. We've taken a great step forward for Mankind. God would be proud.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, and I agree completely.... but that's probably not too surprising, given that I'm a research scientist and a college professor.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Aker said...

This is completely irrelevant to any of your posts but I thought you might like to know that if you separate words in your favourite films and books, etc, then you'll be able to click on them individually and see a list of other bloggers who like similar things.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo Bob, Bravo!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks David, and thanks Cousin Annie! We are in the modern world and it's time, as a nation we thought like that. ANd the world for that matter.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home