Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, February 23, 2009

A Day In The Life...

I'm listening to The Beatles' "A Day in The Life" which was written by John Lennon and inspired on his experience of watching his mother die as a car hit her in the street. A sudden, out-of-the-blue happening. Strangely familiar now. But enough being depressing.
I'm pretty flattened out emotionally, but getting back "on" as it were. Just a short bit here about the new PJF collection for which I did the cover art to. Here's the finished cover as it will appear, once again need I say what a genius Gail Cross, the designer, is? There is also a great interview with the book's editor Christopher Paul Carey, and he talks abit about the art which is always nice kudos... http://www.philipjosefarmer.tk/
Keep hanging in there, I'll keep blogging and painting and getting on with this thing called life...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob -

The text makes the art look even more out-of-kilter and ominous! I'm definitely looking forward to this volume, as I haven't read these PJF novels in ages. I suspect I'll move on from there to re-read a number of his books - the best way to remember and honor an author is to read his books.

I'll touch base with you later about the artwork we discussed, once you're a bit more caught up. I'm not in a rush...

Regards, David

12:51 PM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

I love this piece!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home