Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pauline Eggleton 1928-2009


This is somber. My mother passed away yesterday, VERY suddenly. She was seemingly fine and the picture of health, and then became severely dizzy and had a massive stroke which basically shut her down bodily. The prognosis was grim and as such, she passed away at 7:45PM.

I'm really stunned and overwhelmed. I did not see this coming. That's the worst part of it. SHe had been line dancing, exercising and socializing this week. She was the picture of health for someone at her age.

I will be sort of taking a blog break here for at least two weeks. But I won't go away...
My good friend Jim Belfiore took this picture last night. I appropriated it so I am sure he doesn't mind. He thought of my mom looking at it. What's stranger? So did I. It was the first thing I saw in the sky last night. And really, like a gateway or direction. It also means, to me, the light on the Dark Side of The Moon. And what did I wake up to this morning on the radio? Two tunes from Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon. You figure it out.

All good thoughts are appreciated and with my heartfelt thanks,

Bob

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you and marianne, we will miss Pauline also. It was so sudden, we're all shocked at the news. Yours in our thoughts, Loads of love Debs & Grant xxxxx

8:18 AM  
Blogger Tracy Flynn Art said...

Bob,

Our thoughts and hearts are with you as you go thru this.

Tracy

9:32 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Still very much thinking about you & Marianne this morning.....very best out to both of you. Hang in there, man.

10:51 AM  
Blogger John D. said...

You have my deepest condolences.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about this.... my condolences and best wishes during this time

DavidK

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really sad to hear of your loss, Bob. I understand how much a shock it must have been, to have happened so suddenly. I know it will take time to get your head around it, so please take good care of yourself in the meantime. My deepest and most sincere wishes to you at this difficult time.

Steve

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob-
so sorry to hear about your Mom. Our deepest condolences. Take care!
-Omar & Sheila

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our deepest sympathies and condolences on your loss. Wish there was something we could do to help. - Elka & Solomon

9:33 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thank you all, really so much...

I am doing better. Fairly amazing what acceptance can do.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,
Sorry to hear about your mom, our deepest condolences.

David and Cathy T

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Ray T.

6:59 PM  
Blogger leslee said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. So sudden. I know how shocking that is, since my mom also passed suddenly like that. My thoughts are with you and Marianne.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,

Very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

JR Monks

12:46 PM  
Blogger Patrick j Jones said...

Sorry to hear about your mom, Bob. My sincere wishes. Patrick.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Apotheosis said...

My sincere condolences for your loss Bob. Draw joy from the fact that, as you mentioned, she was active, social and happy up until the last minute. All the best.

4:52 AM  
Blogger thebonebreaker said...

Bob,

You will be in my thoughts & prayers. . .

12:04 PM  
Blogger tlchang said...

Perfect image... I'm terribly sorry about the loss of your mother. Thinking good thoughts in your direction.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks so much. It means alot. I must be feeling all those good thoughts...

9:04 AM  
Blogger Scott Edelman said...

My thoughts are with you and your mom, Bob. My father passed Tuesday, and as I was sitting shiva and offline, I only learned of your Mom's death today.

I'm glad that you have such good memories, but, as I've been learning, while there's comfort in that, it's also harder to say goodbye.

I'll be thinking of you both for quite awhile.

Best,

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home