Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lunacon Drawing Panel...

(Top photo courtesy Dan Buckley) L-R: Me, Larry Dixon, Donato and Tom Kidd

(This photo courtesy Donato) Me working on a drawing.
This is becoming a fun tradition. Donato Giancola always does informative demos at conventions and, I've done them as well. So for Lunacon, we always have "Evolution of a Drawing" which the audience watches us artists draw and show how the basis of an idea comes together. Questions and general banter are encouraged by the audience and between the artists. It always works out fun and informative for both audience and us. And it does take alot out of us after a two hour session. Donato does a good job of hosting it and explaining basically what's going on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick j Jones said...

very impressive dragon Bob!
P.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Patrick!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home