Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

More drawings...

"Dragon Rock" -conte and white chalk- SOLD

Hazards Concept Sketch(conte, charcoal and chalk on amber paper- Inquire for Price)

Heinlein's Green Hills(Concept sketch for cover-chalk,conte charcoal -SOLD!)


Wanderin' Bronto(colored pencils on toned paper- SOLD)

When I am doing concepts for covers and my own ideas, I do full drawings sometimes. They're alot of fun, and they prove popular( the top and bottom ones are already sold!). So if interested, contact me. I'm sort of in a drawing phase at the moment.




5 Comments:

Blogger Brine Blank said...

Wow...really like the effect you achieved on both the top and the bottom item. It is great when you see someone do something that inspires you as an artist and this is it! I've often wanted to try cp on toned paper but strangely enough never have....just out of curiosity how much are you selling the Bronto for???

12:39 PM  
Blogger Patrick j Jones said...

I love the sense of wonder in your work Bob— almost lacking completely today when I look around at other artists. The spaceship sketch takes me there.

Best wishes,

P.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Patrick and Brine-I like working this way to work out ideas. Maybe they'll work and maybe not. Patrick-thanks. I think the whole biz is getting consumed with "portrait" stuff and not enough "high concept" as it were.That's what I notice. My muse calls me back to the 1950's and 60's for that kind of inspiration

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Dinosaur image is amazing! Very high end piece.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

I've never fully enjoyed working in conte, but you make it look GOOD! I think I'd better give it another try. I just love your drawings. Hope you're bringing a whole bunch to IlluXCon again this year. :-D

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home