Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Moody Blues, New York City,Dinosaurs...and back!!!

My life can be a crazy headlong rush sometimes! On Sunday, we saw THE MOODY BLUES again-this is the third time in 18 months!! But I could see them twice that in half the time and never tire of their great music!! The audience, at the Providence Performing Arts Center was pretty amazing and I think even amazed the band themselves. We got back from there and, at 5am the next day, had to leave for New York City to meet good friends John Davis and his wife Kim Saxon, for some fun and tooling around the Museum of Natural History(DINOSAURS!!!) and toy stores. Staying at the vert swanky Muse Hotel on 46th Street(I highly recommend it. It's "high end" as price goes but nothing in NYC that's safe is available for under $200, and this hotel has been designed for the artist's "muse"-lots of interior decoration, art, etc. It seems to have worked as I feel very inspired!!!!)we had a great meal Monday night and, Tuesday, met with Irene Gallo-art director of TOR Books(see The Art Dept in my links) for a good lunch. Managed to pull her out of some intense and seemingly endless meetings. I also picked up some cool books and some toys and stuff. NYC is very good for that! On each side of this trip I managed to sign 1500 signatures for the sig page of Brian Lumley's book HAGGOPIAN AND OTHERS, due out in May from Subterranean.

Oh, and here's some preliminary sketches for two upcoming covers I am doing, for a Heinlein(Bottom) and an Andre Norton(top).
I'm breathing again, very slowly.



2 Comments:

Blogger SamuraiX47 said...

Is that another Dragon Magic book for Norton? Which Heinlein book?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

It's a compilation of several Norton "space" books she did from the 50's to the early 80's. The Heinlein book is THE ROLLING STONES.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home