Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, April 25, 2008

Two New Covers....


SOmetimes it takes time to see the covers I paint made fully into covers as a package with type and all. Here are two which are due out soon. The top -SHADOW OF THE SCOPRION-I did last year, for Night Shade Books,and I love the type treatment and way it was handled. It worked out just how I planned it. The bottom is of course, the first of my Heinlein series I'm doing for Baen. I'm really proud of both and how they all look in the end. The type on the Heinlein is as it should be, kind of a "big book" look which always helps sales. You see, in the end, my art is irrelevant unless it works with type to make a truly "in your face" cover. That's why it's commercial and, well, don't kid yourself it isn't("Things They Don't Teach You in Art School") whenever you do a painting or an image for reproduction and to sell books. Both books are available on Amazon.com for ordering!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home