Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Necroscoping.....



20 Years ago, I did the first cover to Brian Lumley's NECROSCOPE series of books. In the past two decades...the books have gone on to sell millions. Brian and I have become good friends. And still, we work together on various books and projects. Above is a sculpture, based on the skull I did for the very first Necroscope book, done by the ultra-talented Adrian Romo-a guy who works in Hollywood as a conceptual designer for a major studio. He wanted to do a limited edition pre-painted polystone cast item based on the series. Above is the result(click on the image to appreciate the detail!). It will be released April 25th, 2008 and to buy one, you can contact http://www.hauntedhouseproductions.com/ for more info, it goes for around $55 (a bargain!) and will include a signed Certificate of Authenticity(signed by Brian, Adrian and myself). It's based on the classic Necroscope cover for the book due to be re-released in June: http://us.macmillan.com/book.aspx?isbn=9780765320186 and it will be Brian's "corrected" edition-the same as the Subterranean Press edition, sans the color art and full page b/w's. It will however contain all the of page devices I did for it. Enjoy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home