Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, April 10, 2008

EEEAAARRRGH!!!!



Sometimes it what I say when I watch the news too much these days!!!!
This is a sketch, as creepy as it is for a new Brian Lumley book. It's pretty ooky and shows my dark side. With the news in the world lately, that "dark side" really can come out and these kinds of images give me a way to express that AND get PAID! But I'm not always that dark, as Jessica Rabbit from WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? once said "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way". Sometimes I get criticized for "horror" work and I think it's abit unfair, because I like doing that kind of stuff, and I have alot of fun with monsters, creatures, etc. These can be alot of fun, especially now in oils, as they lend a classic look to them.
Been very busy with several projects. Some new small paintings are coming. Just in the middle of concepting several covers and, finishing up the "dinosaur" book. And the general unease of the times coupled with Spring fever...busy is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home