Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Art Corner...

This shocked me personally, and has devastated a number of us. The Art Corner in Salem Mass was the victim of a fire of unknown orgin last Thursday night. It's owned by Wendy Snow-Lang who I have known(and her other half, Chuck) for at least 25 years. Wendy just took over the business a couple of years ago and put a lot of hard work into it to make it into a great framing and art gallery. Wendy and Chuck are like the nicest people anyone could know, they're family in my book. In fact, I have had tons of framing done there and, painted in the front part of the store several times and been in her monthly shows. Our hearts go out to them at this time as,like family, this is a shared pain. Don't worry, it'll be back better than even within six months. More info is available at: http://www.theartcorner.blogspot.com/ Has links to stories in the local paper. Photo is courtesy The Salem News.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Art Corner said...

Wow! You actually gave the Salem News credit?! Wow!

HEE, HEE!

Wendy--who's sense of humor is firmly intact, given the circumstance. Otherwise, one might go over the edge.

10:12 PM  
Blogger The Art Corner said...

Oh, and THANK YOU, Bob, for the kind words and thoughts! We love you and Marianne, too. Family: it's what it's all about, ain't it?

Wendy

10:13 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

It's all meant from the heart dear. It really is. I hate seeing this shit happen to NICE people. And thanks for the comments, it's been deadsville here for a few posts now! Ha!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home