Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Here's the finished Flinx...

Here's the finished cover, as seen in the sketch from before. I really liked the glazing effect on this, inparticular, how the sky came out. The sunset was painted from memory. I wanted the whole thing to have an organic feel to it, that would offset the Krang structure. Some liberties were taken, of course, because this is a book cover, and type considerations were a must. But here you have it, so enjoy as much as I enjoyed painting it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great atmosphere !

2:17 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! This one came out pretty alright...it fits the composition for a good cover. Already the art director liked it!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Sadness said...

hi, bob,
when you first pictured this cover did you forget that the KRAng is a massive cube mile or so a side..i really like the rest of the painting tho..but another is that the thranx character has never been to the krang planet..
sorry if i`m a bit non-plussed about it..
keep up your great artwork..
a fan from the late 70`s,,richard(sydney, australia)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Actually I did this with ADF's blessing-he consulted with me...so I guess it's all in how you see something...

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Sadness there is more than one Tar-Aiym Krang artifact in the multiverse, there is also a planet sized structure wandering about which Flinx and Pip have encountered are still searching for in the newer novels.
Also Truzenzuzex Thranx)and Bran-Tse Mallory traveled to the krang weapons platform together
Alan Dean Foster is still expanding the series.
Up the universe
Also something relatively entertaining for aussies is that Brisbane becomes capital of Earth

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home