Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Problem with Martians...

The Angrier Red Planet(8x10,oils SOLD) One of my fun rocket paintings, this time with a Martian who likes shiny objects and, two unwary travellers. I always liked the film THE ANGRY RED PLANET(1960) so this is a step further. I wound up spending a alot of time of this piece especially getting the rock forms right(which are really textured). It's also framed in a black frame.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tessa said...

Heh! That's awesome. Tres awesome. I can just imagine the crew looking out the window and saying "Oh. Crap."

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh crap" indeed! I love when there's a little narrative going on.

A follow-up when the astronauts return might be, "Gee, I could have swore we parked here".

Fun stuff Bob!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

In other words John, the caption could be:
"GLENN!!!WHERE'S THE SHIP?"
A little in-joke for us Kaiju Shonen.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Tessa.I think I have a story going here...I have alot of ideas for this theme...

12:50 PM  
Blogger Jim Belfiore said...

I dunno...all I can see is a young Earl Holliman serving the crew cream of tentacle soup about an hour later...
;-)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Cream of Tentacle Soup...I don't use the stuff myself. It promotes rust. That "new planet" is giving my brain too many ideas for pictures!!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home