Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, January 28, 2008

Sunday, After Church...

Maine Coast, After Church-(8x10,oils)
Fredric Edwin Church, that is. Nice little painting done as a copy for a "Fakes, Frauds and Forgeries" show at a Newport gallery this weekend. I had alot of fun with it, again, studying Church's lighting and his palette. He's only one of the finest painters from the Hudson Valley River movement. He also painted places in South America that truly made them look like another planet. He tended to make the real, surreal and stirring. Perhaps my most favorite painting of his is called Cotopaxi Eruption. He had a transparency to his work, and a detail that in reality was only hinted at rather than having really tight detail. The true mark of craftsmanship we all aim for.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you use a special program for watermarking or do you add watermarks through photoshop or some similar software program?

8:44 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

My wife explains that, she puts it in via photoshop,when it's in layers after we photograph it, and she flattens the layers, entrapping(digitally) the watermark. That how she tells me anyway...

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes sense. Thank you.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Hmmm, I haven't learned how to watermark but I probably should.
I would love to be in that Fakes show. My friend Kelley MacDonald of Tiverton has been in it. Her link is on my blog.
Nice painting.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home