Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Digital meets Traditional...

Okay...here's a TEST shot of the ongoing foray I am making into digital art. The dinosaur was done, traditionally. It didn't take long, maybe an hour or so. It is combined with the stock photo picked to use for the scenario for this children's book. This is a rough insert of the art onto a low rez photo(high rez coming) to see if the technique will work. Ostensibly, it's a quick way of doing something that normally can take months and months. I'll be working with Cortney Skinner, who will be doing the composites on the book and integrating my watercolor paintings into the photos with some really high end programs and equipment he has on hand. He'll adjust lighting and do touch ups. It's alot faster than having to paint digitally from the ground up. The result, will look pretty amazing, we all think so far anyway. Stay tuned...this is going to be a big book..

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Jouan said...

It's a very interesting approach. I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

"the client" already likes it, so far. Lots has to be done to this. But, like all clients, you have to show them a visual bit of eye candy so they know you're working on it and they have at least an idea of what the final product will resemble.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home