Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A YEAR!!

It just dawned on me this blog of mine has gone on a year...wow. Where'd THAT go? What a year. Alot of paintings, alot of travelling and alot of fun.

Don't worry, I have more small works coming. Just back from Dallas and seeing some friends, and starting some work on a dinosaur look that will meld traditional techniques with digital, but on the whole, things are less "crazy" busy which is how I like it.

I can't get into Christmas either for some reason.

My finger infection resolved nicely, I'm a bit drained from some powerful anti-biotics that ran through my system and affected my digestive area in not so fun ways. But, it's better and that's what counts. The idea of an infection that potentially results in limbs being removed was more frightening than some of the gastric side effects of Ceftin.

Anyway, what a year. More pictures soon!

8 Comments:

Blogger Annalisa said...

I'm really glad you've recovered from your finger infection. Coincidentally, the same week your finger got infected my mother also went to the hospital with a staph infection that started in her arm. It was pretty scary for a few days but the intravenous antibiotics did the trick and now she's home taking a course of antibiotics in the usual pill form. I meant to comment on your earlier post about it but procrastinated. I really enjoy your blog and I'm glad you're keeping it going! Happy birthday to the blog!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Annalisa. It was really scary, to be honest. How an insignificant hangnail can start breeding an infection that starts taking over *fast*. What scared me was the rapid spread-I was watching one finger knuckle ache and go red and stiff and, another start to get red within an hour as it headed to my hand fully. At the ER the tech used the word "Stat" regarding getting a bag of antibiotics straight into me. The blog goes on, and gets more visual soon. I've just been VERY busy, and my goal is to at least keep people up on what I'm up to these days anyway.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hippy birdy two ewes, hippy birdy two ewes, hippy birdy dear bloggie, hippy birdy two ewes.

From the looney in Australia (Annie)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hey, we know you're a looney Annie..but atleast you have a new government and hopefully in less than a year, the US will follow suit and we'll get Dubya and Dickie out of our collective colons...

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on a year in blogs! I don't leave many comments, but I read most every post you make and love seeing your new work as it's completed.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hey thanks! Means alot that people read anything I have to say let alone like my work. I'll keep blogging, not to worry. And painting!!!!Right now I'm terribly exhausted...

10:39 PM  
Blogger leslee said...

Happy belated blog day to you! A whole year, wow. Glad to see you're keeping up with it. Usually people either quit quickly or get the blog bug and keep it going for a long time (with occasional hiatuses). Happy blogging!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks. You were so right(again!) that blogs change and mutate as we go along...I'll get back to paintings of the day..I've just been busy with too much pay-work!!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home