Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Some NEW Small Paintings!!

The Golden Wave(8x10, oils on panel, SOLD!)
Tiger (8x10, oils on panel, SOLD!) Here's a couple of new paintings of the day. The top one is based on some pics I took on the West Coast, near Monterrey, with this wonderful golden light right about sunset. I worked my own embelishments into it, and just was really pleased with the result. The bottom piece was based on some images of a tiger I found, I just love painting tigers. Getting their stripes is very hard to do, and do right because the edges, up close, between the oranges and the stripes, are kind of diffuse. I love big cats of all kinds. I want to paint more, for sure!! I also painted both on panels, which I don't usually work on but in this case, it was just right. The paint sort of just moved around easier than on a rough canvas and this created it's own nice effects(like the background of the tiger). Anyway, remember it's Christmas-shopping season for those people who want one-of-a-kind presents!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the tiger! Wish we had better cashflow right now...

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home