Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Stegosaurus...appears

More progress on the dino book. Here's the Stegosaur from a couple of posts ago, as a sketch, now fully rendered and ready for digital insertion into the stock photo. I think he came out pretty cool. And it progresses along... I rendered it in watercolors on watercolor paper, and colored pencils for the highlights. A great medium to work in. I used some airbrushing to blend some colors and apply layers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Again, a true winner of an image. Absoutely fantastic. If the story is as good as the illustraions, this is on my list of books to purchase for neices and grandchild.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Sherry DeGhelder said...

You did a wonderful job on him. He has real character. I like how the shadows fall across his body. Nice job on all the color variations.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks, both. It's going to be used as a scenario, inside then, used as a crowd of dinos on the cover.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home