Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Missing Green....

Green Falls(8x10, oils SOLD!)
Well- a painting! I really miss doing these with the pace I was doing last year. What can I say? Things got really super busy. But I am at that time of year that I start missing "green". Leaves, grass, etc. Granted it's been incredibly mild this month, and I say "bring it on!" if we have more warm days ahead... I did this based on some photos I had from Oregon. The forest was lush and rich and I attempted to capture the feeling of a far off sliver of light. The falls drop off about 70 feet, so it's vertiguous to look over the side of the cliff. Not that I would have cause to. My fear of heights is paralyzing. Even standing on a chair is an issue for me. Anyway, I have a bunch of new pieces all in the waiting and planned. More to come, so enjoy!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

Very nice. I love the green, and the light. Very welcome this time of year. Weird weather - thunder today here, but I hear it's supposed to snow on Sunday night.

I'm with you on fear of heights. I stood along the cliffs in Mendocino in California several years ago and I still get the willies just thinking about it.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Leslee. This was alot of fun. I need to do less detail and do more atmosphere and drama. Get back to basics of what I started.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home