Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Running with Hunters...

The wrap cover

Interior color-monster attacks


Interior color-mountain flyover

I'm completely exhausted these days. Settling down from travelling a bit too much it seems. Still have to get those UK pix up. I had to hit the ground running the other week, finish the cover to Lou Anders' edited SIDEWAYS IN CRIME book for Solaris in the UK, and move onto finishing up some other projects...
Here are three paintings I did for the upcoming Subterranean Press edition of HUNTER'S RUN by George R.R. Martin, Gardner Dozois and Daniel Abraham. It's quite an adventure on an alien world with (at one point) an attack from a creature called the Chubacabra. I always like these special edition books as it always gives me more freedom to do some interiors and some straightforward SF(or fantasy or horror) artwork. Look for it around January, or go to http://www.subterraneanpress.com/ and pre-order it and take a peek at some of the other fine books they put out. Subterranean Press produces some of the most beautifully designed and printed books I have ever seen and am proud to be part of.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wontar said...

Your work is absolutely amazing! Fan-friggin'-tastic stuff! (I will forever be jealous of the person who purchased the Creature from the Black Lagoon piece.)

Unfortunately, I have found someone who is using one of your images (Dragon Dreams) in a t-shirt shop at CafePress. If you would contact me, I'll send you the link for you to pursue.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hey thanks man! Doesn't get better than that. I do have prints of The Creature...

Thanks for the heads up on the T shirt. Let me know the location.

Bob

7:46 AM  
Blogger Wontar said...

Here's the location of the shop using Dragon Dreams: http://www.cafepress.com/bluffcity

The address to write to and tell them to knock it off is: cup@cafepress.com

CafePress is quick to remove infringing items, but they just need to be contacted by the right person. In this case, you (or your attorney).

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home