Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, October 26, 2007

Digital Coda...The Happy Medium

Seems my comment on digital(while I am toiling away on a massive oil painting you will see in the next week...) aroused some fine discussions. It always does. At SF cons many artists refer to "Originals vs Digital" panels are like a can of worms to the point that at the end of it, one asks oneself what the arguement really is?

Digital does some amazing work esp for films-conceptual art through the finished product. Just look at TRANSFORMERS...amazing, utterly. I'm anxious myself to do more "dabbling" like that because it begs to have it's own properties explored. And as I said...what is art but EXPLORATION of ideas and those ideas... EVOLVE...(I'm not yelling, just talking in Big Capitals!). Once I get through with this oil painting maybe I can...do..oh, another oil painting..and...well, you get the picture(pardon the pun).

Both media take one ingredient that people often forget-talent. There are some amazing, genuinely talented people who's style transcends the medium. Still, when you get to corporate ladders, you get people who have no clue that it all just doesn't happen "by pushing a key". No... it takes artists, model builders, designers and so on to make it all come together. Digital is just another tool in the box to use. And when you all make it work you have the happy medium.

Just thoughts for today. Pictures to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Jouan said...

In the end, it's about creating what's in us and if others like it then that's all the better.

I think it is a way of being that few truly understand (except our very understanding spouses). And there are so many who want to take advantage of it for their own gains.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home