Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, July 23, 2007

After a FUN weekend....

Just a quick update.

I always stress artists should take their weekends off. Enjoy the outside. Eat BBQ'd meat. Go to movies. Go to the ocean(if you can). It separates one week from another and you meet the next Monday somewhat refreshed. We were getting cabin fever as the last few weekends I did have some work to finish.

Had a fun weekend starting with Friday when we met some artist friends over in Bristol, RI for a late dinner after a quick trip to a local literary fantasy conference...then Saturday had a BBQ with friends locally here, and Sunday shot up to Cape Cod to Dennis Mass to see an artist demo by Michael Whelan and Michael Mariano, at the Cape Cod Art Museum(I didn't know there was one!). Nice time catching up with Mike Whelan, I just finished the bio/appreciation of him for the Japanese Worldcon book. A good spirited show of these two guys painting on the spot. Homework for me, as I will be doing the same thing with Whelan in Japan at the Japanese World SF Con in about five weeks!

Oh, tonight at 10pm on PBS, Simon Sharma's Power of Art....features J.M.W. Turner, my #1 influence and inspiration.

More pictures soon....

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is Worldcon after or around the same time as Gencon in Indianapolis? I was wondering if you were going to have a booth this year there.

Oh, and check your email, Mr. Eggleton - I have sent you an "important" message! haha

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bob,

Thought of you and Mare today, as I walked past a whole stack of art books. I picked up a Turner book. I look through the Turner book I purchase the Turner book.....

I have a few others in the series, and I like them for the in depth analysis of brush strokes and techniques for a select few works.

I wish we had more 'art' shows on the idiot box in Australia. The one recent ray of joy was the Rolf Harris Portraits series, which we recorded. Sigh. You Americans win again....

I am living in my laundry, trying to dye against the clock, so I understand about deadlines - though yours are of a far more important nature!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Stephen-keep forgetting when Gencon is. I usually don't go. Just too much travelling and not really thrilled about going to INdianapolis.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Annie-Yeah, Turner is something isn't he? The show bowled me over. I'm surprised it wasn't there-it's a BBC show. He was a rabble rouser, shit-stirrer and all...I love him!!!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home