Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, July 15, 2007

A VERY COOL BOOK!!!


This is a book that I am part of, VISUAL JOURNEYS: A TRIBUTE TO SPACE ARTISTS. Edited by Eric Reynolds, for his Hadley-Rille Press, it presents a great concept-art is used by various Sf and space artists, and stories are written *around* the art. Usually it's the other way around! The artists, other than yours truly(who has four pieces inside) include Chesley Bonestell, Ron Miller, Frank Wu, Mike Carroll, Frank R. Paul and Joe Tucciarone(who did the cover you see). The writers include Tom Dupree, Jay Lake, G. David Nordley, Mike Burstein and Tobias Buckell. The book is a knockout, the kind of book we don't see much of these days, and the color repro of the art is first rate. If you want a good book, pick this up. It's available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Visual-Journeys-Tribute-Space-Artists/dp/0978514831/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-3823614-5135319?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184513745&sr=1-1
In the meantime, I've been busy doing alot of new things. I have some small paintings coming(really! honest!) we've just hit that really intense part of summer that, between dental issues, and deadlines, it's been fairly exhausting. Sorry for the sporadic posts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was an honor to literate your painting "After Bonestell", sir.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks and you did it with flying colors. But what am I saying? It's great to be working with you like this!!! Let's do the hair thing!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home