Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Dragons of 07/07/07

The Dragons of Seven(8x10, oils, SOLD!)
I REALLY loved the way these dragon's wings came out. Very backlit by the sun...people really seem to like these dragons, as you can see, I can't keep them around long. I could paint clouds forever, because they're so much fun. Psyching myself up for another cover to do, with...you guessed it..a dragon...

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam M Botsford said...

This piece is excellent! The lighting is great and the composition is great. My only suggestion would have been a slight deviation in the form of the smaller back drop dragon so that the image didn't repeat so quickly. However, the lighting on the under bellies and wings is brilliant (in both senses of the word) !!

Are you using Acrylics or Oils?

-Adam

10:12 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Adam! The thought had occurred to me, in retrospect. I have considered making this a larger painting and will take your comment into consideration when I go for that. Something about the lighting and composition really begs me to do so..but this is why I do these works so quick so that they work as a sketch...

I did this in oils as I seem to do much now these days....

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home