Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, July 20, 2007

Buggy cover....

This is a cover I did this week, for a Neal Asher book for Night Shade Books, probably due out in the Fall sometime... had alot of fun with it, did it in gouache-a designer's water based medium. I like the atmopshere alot in this one and I'd even say it came out about 95% of the way I saw it in my sketch.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Dazzling. Amazing color in the bug. Did you read the book first?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

They let me read PART of it as that was all that was available! But this is not unusual these days.

12:41 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Incredile colours and just beautiful...

2:46 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Sandy!

4:09 PM  
Blogger 紅燒魚takesi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home