Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, May 20, 2007

More Sea...but Go West!!!

Carmel-West Coast(8x10, oils $SOLD)
Okay so I've been in a "sea" mode. This is all going somewhere, trust me. The Pacific has an entirely different coloration than the Atlantic. The Pacific has this "Pacific Blue"(color of my car!) that's beautiful and turquoise and deep. Almost surreal.The Atlantic has an almost Navy blue, green/brown shade to it. Anyway, this is based on some pics we took in Monterrey a few years ago. I like alot how the rocks all came out, that was a little miracle of accidents when you work with oils. Again, quick little piece that just kind of painted itself in many ways.

6 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

I noticed the ocean color difference in this one before I saw your comments on it. Yes, the Atlantic, at least in these parts, is darker usually although sometimes oddly green after a storm. At least on the New Hampshire coast it would get very green sometimes. I imagine it changes colors in the Pacific as well, though I'm not very familiar with it. Nice seascape, anyway!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

I think someone told me it has to do with salt content. The Pacific is much higher than the Atlantic. Whatever the case, the color is stunning out there, this surrealistic blue that just explodes when sunlight hits it. Whenever I swim in the Pacific, I find my hair, everything encrusted with salt.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you submit your site at blogsearch.sg?

You can reach blogsearch by just typing blogsearch.sg in your browser window or click here

This is a service by bizleadsnet directory of web logs.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Tessa said...

I love the sunshine in this picture. Big and bold.

I've yet to see the Atlantic, so I can only take everyone's word that it is a different colour.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

This is exactly what I saw at the Asilomar beach in Pacific Grove just a few weeks back. You've captured it excellently.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Tessa!

Julie-it's an amazing place, that's for sure! I want to go back someday

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home