Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, January 12, 2007

Falling for water...

Silverton Falls(8x10, $SOLD)
Oregon. This is the scenery paint was made for. This is Silverton Falls in Oregon, part of an incredible national park I went to. The "hike" is down a ravine that leads to this huge, deep bowl shaped water basin. Water cascades from the top. The area has some incredible waterfalls and much of the rock appears to be basaltic or, volcanic in origin so you get to see(such as there) layers of lava one on top of the other. I love painting waterfalls, and I hope to someday return here to see this site again. I like the golden highlight hitting the top rim of the falls. The irony of this great site of nature is that from the top, the stream is a little trickle more or less but over the cliff it becomes this spectacular waterfall. Fun little painting to do...I made it very loose and "painterly".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. This is beautiful. What a great feel your water has. You've captured the light on the water perfectly.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one a lot.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Lou. I loved this area and got lots of photos. My goal is to make some kind of fantastic painting out of the scenery, something with a dragon in it or like that. I'm doing more of this area soonish..

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home