Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ugly is only Skin Deep...

Inside The Uglyfruit(8x10, oil $100) So after I painted it, I cut it open as I was curious to see the guts of this weird fruit. It's like an extra thick orange. The difference is it is not as tart or acidy as an orange is. It's a gentle citrus fruit that's easy to eat. Well, I could only sample it because I had to paint it first! I used, again, a real thick style of painting-you can see it, the very rind of it kind of looked like it had to be painted thick. So I did this quickly, and then, washed my hands and ate the fruit.

2 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

I bought a jicama at the local grocery recently and the clerk plugged it in as an "ugly tomato" - is there such a thing? I guess there must be, with its own PLU #. Anyway, jicama is pretty far from a tomato. Uglyfruit - I have had it, tasty citrus if I recall.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

VERY tasty citrus. Not as "acidy" as oranges or grapefruit. SOmehow a "soft" pleasing, sweet taste...thanks again for stopping by Leslee.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home