Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Mecha-Apple Thing...

The Mecha-Apple(SOLD-$100)We got this as a gift from a friend one time. We had no idea(and she didn't either, she just liked it) what the heck it was other than it was an apple-shaped object and...made of bronze. Well, it sat and gathered dust as these things do, and then batted it's eyelashes at me. Following my friend Nick Jainschigg's advice, I painted this with a 3/4 inch Filbert brush because I felt, I was just getting TOO picky with details otherwise. He also suggested I do it when I was "tired and not in the mood" as a way to kind of force the muse out to show herself. Well,by God, it worked!! I got some great feeling with the bronze shine, and reflections, all in 20 minutes. Oh, upon close examination of the item when setting it up, I figured out it was an incense burner! Incense sets off my allergies usually, so it makes a great item to paint. I will do some more of this "Mecha-Apple" soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed a day as I'm getting some jobs out of the door. I would have taken the house out of Walkin' on the Beach too. It is such a beautiful beach it would seem a shame to ruin it with a house so out it goes. I agree with artistic license. How beautiful a painting it is. In July, I spent a week in Virginia and for some reason didn't remember from prior trips how woodsy the eastern coast is. Though we had 2 days of very humid weather the rest was lovely and I could as easily live on the east coast as I do out here in the west. Your painting brought back wonderful memories of my frineds' homes. Thanks again.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Julie! That's what this is all about. Seems the locals liked my beach painting too, someone bought it! Artists are totally free to "edit" out that which they don't like in the painting. This beach is about 25 minutes from my home, and, it's on some VERY pricey real estate(Jamestown) so we only visit!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bob,

If you're doing more of the "mecha apple" I know I want at least one!

Judith

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home