Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, June 08, 2009

Dragon's Ring

Here is the finished painting, 24 x36 and one of my best dragons in ages. Really happy with the way it came out. I wanted an epic and that is what I gave them. Dave Freer, the author liked it too so much he gave it his "Writer GoH Award" in the Lunacon Art Show.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robert Saint John said...

Just astounding!

Some day, I will own one of your paintings and it will hang on our artist wall, oh yes.

So good to see you back and swinging your best!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Tim said...

Love the new dragon painting Bob! I love my serpent, but this one knocks it out of the water!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Patrick j Jones said...

Excellent finish Bob!

P.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

I can see why you're especially proud of this piece. The sun breaking through the clouds, the foamy sprays of ocean water, and the dragon's utter joy in wrecking the joint make it such a fun painting! Seriously I think this dragon has a personality, a personality that says, "DESTRUCTION IS FUUUUUUN!" Kinda like my cat Arthur.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Brine Blank said...

Great to see the process and this is for sure tops on my list of favorite pics...Epic indeed...

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home