Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, February 08, 2008

The Rainbow Dragon...

The Rainbow Dragon(sketch, 8x10,oils SOLD)
Primarily a sketch for a large 30x40 painting I started about six years ago. I got distracted and concerned that I had to be working in oils awhile in order to finish it. And I wanted to work on some color sketches and work ups for it before diving into such a massive painting. This is the year, for me, of doing some more personal work. This is based on a story I cooked up in my head about a dragon who can channel color from the the sky. His scales will turn the colors of the rainbow as well. But I wanted to get the primary lighting done and overall look established. Expect more "progress" reports on this one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Leccathu/Steph D. said...

The concept is nice - if the rainbow is coming out of the dragon's back, it reminds me a lot of Barugon from War of the Monsters (aka Gamera vs. Barugon), who could shoot a rainbow beam from the spines on his back and destroy tanks - good old fun. :) I wish you the best in the progress of this work! As a fantasy artist myself who also does commission work (mostly dog portraits right now), it feels great to do something for yourself once in a while.

On another note, I really am inspired by your creature work and always enjoy seeing new and old works from you. :)

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home