Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Illuxcon Paintings Pt 1

Of Late I Think of Mars (6x36 inches oils)So I got a long canvas pretty cheap because the store had a time selling long sized canvases but these always present a challenge to me to create something fun in them. SO I did a long rocket on a long Mars panarama, partly inspired by the recent photos from Spirit and Opportunity and partly what I "saw" in the blank canvas. The result was alot of fun and came out of my hands pretty fast.
I'm bringing it to Illuxcon this weekend in Altoona PA. If you are going you can see it for real, if not and I still have the painting when I get back, pleasde inquire as to the price.
Click on the image if you want a nice close, look. And I do mean close!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great, can't wait to see i in person this weekend. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone ele.

Lee

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home