Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, October 20, 2008

Anderson And...An Anderson!!


Classic Author Poul Anderson was known for his wild alien life forms. These stories were not an exception. Top is one for a story called "People of The Wind". The creatures have legs that function as wings, or, vice versa one could say! The book will be called THE TERRAN EMPIRE.
The bottom image is for the upcoming NESFA Poul Anderson book and this story is called CALL ME JOE which has this wild creature that walks around on the surface of Jupiter-keep in mind the science was dated in the extreme but so what? A good story is a good story. So these are new covers coming up in months!! Enjoy!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Annalisa said...

Love love love the sweeping wing shapes! The heads are really and truly alien; these are no humans with rubber masks on. My favorite thing about the lower painting is the colors. The blue centaur reminds me of an Andalite. I don't suppose you've ever read any Young Adult sci-fi? Andalites are from a YA series called the Animorphs.

These paintings look really fun to do. :-)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Annalisa! I love really weird aliens and I think the classic SF authors like Anderson really had that down pat.

Hey would you do me a favor? I think you said you're in school? Would you contact my wife-Marianne-(mothra2k@cox.net) or have a way for her to contact you. She is writing a mystery and needs info from someone in school on something. Thanks!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

Hi, Bob, sure I'll e-mail your wife about school stuff. I'm not in college anymore (graduated two years ago) but that's probably current enough I'm guessing :-) . I'll identify myself as best I can in the subject line so she knows I'm not spam.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Jesse Smith said...

Re: Raging Avatar vs. Call Me Joe controversy - did you choose blue for the Call Me Joe alien after it became widely known that the Na'vi would be blue?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Oddly, he was blue in the story. I knew about Cameron's project but had no idea the creatures would be blue or even the story. Funny how this has taken on a life all it's own...

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home