Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Transits of The Virgo Suns

Great title, huh? My good friend Leslee, who maintains her amazing and excellent blog "3rd House Party"(SEE MY LINKS and take a look after this!!) gave me some recent insight into "Reality Quakes" from Monday. Leslee is a writer and a tremendous photographer who captures moments and patterns in life and nature like no one I know. Really, you have to see what she does, and her adventures are so well written it's a vicarious experience just reading them. Anyway, she's a Virgo, 2 days ahead of me, and she told me that indeed, the planets are acting up. I'm a big follower of astrology not just as mysticism but I'm very drawn to it as a guide now and then. I even read my horoscope. Daily. Which is saying alot for someone as Agnostic as me!! I mean, Virgos *act* like Virgos, I can sense others of the same sign. An earth sign(thanks Leslee!), it means I can also, thanks to Pisces, be drawn to water, which is why I feel safest near water-like an ocean. To sum it up, we're "feeling the transits to our Virgo Suns" which is something so cool and cosmic sounding, one could title a book the same, however, it creates discord with our lives and exactly that "shifted reality" I have been feeling. Anyway, the activity is supposed to subside, by the end of the month. Which I can't wait for.

Shogo Tomiyama and me in 2002, on the set of Godzilla X Mechagodzilla(photo by Norman England)
In other news, I had two nice phone calls with my good friend Shogo Tomiyama-president of Toho Studios in Japan. He's Godzilla's BOSS! The only man who can really tell Godzilla what to do. He was visiting the US on some business and I'd say we're now pretty good friends, so he wanted to chat and say hi. Godzilla is pretty much retired now, he lives on in his films and toys. It was great to talk with him because I miss Japan abit these days.

And, I'm off for a few days to Washington DC to see some art in the many galleries and museums, while Marianne attends the World Mystery Con in Baltimore. So, no new posts 'til next week. A change of scenery will be nice after having finished four bookcovers in the span of about seven weeks!

2 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

Hey thanks, Bob!

BTW, Virgo is an earth sign! Your comfort near water I suspect has more to do with your south node in Pisces. :-)

Anyway, have a great time in DC - aside from the politicians, it's a great city!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Ah...well, that's corrected. No wonder I like earth colors. We had a FANTASTIC time in DC and Baltimore. Full report to follow!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home