Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Shape of Things to Come!

It's been amazingly busy and a bit tiring. So nothing new yet. However I'm doing some outdoor painting later, so I'll have that up...

In the meantime...I have some shows and fun stuff coming up. After the RoqLaRue Gallery Sci Fi show, which was an AMAZING success, I am pursuing even more venues for my work. In my wish to help support the community in an artsy way, if you're in Cranston,Rhode Island in June, I'll have 15 paintings of landscapes(many from the blog) on display and on sale at Little Falls Cafe-a cool little coffee shop to hang out at, run by some really fun people-in historic Pawtuxet Village( http://providence.citysearch.com/profile/35734084/?brand=smx_yp-nc ). In July I'll have some work in the "Oil On Water" show at Springbull Gallery in Newport, RI.

In August, I'll be headed to Japan for the World Science Fiction Convention in Yokohama, but first with visits to Mt Fuji and, Tokyo. And studio visits with Japanese artists such as Yoshitaka Amano, a legend. I'll also be displaying some work in the Worldcon's artshow...and having some fun at the convention! In Sept, I'll have some work in the Toy Karma art show ( http://toykarma.blogspot.com/ ), at Rotofugi (www.rotofugi.com ) curated by my friend Mark Nagata as a group show of artists, toy makers and collectors who are inspired by Japanese pop culture, kaiju, etc.

So it's going to be a busy time coming up! Stay tuned for all the cool stuff to come....

5 Comments:

Blogger Tessa said...

I'll be flitting about Worldcon. Will you be doing any live painting again this year?

5:08 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hey Tessa! HOPEFULLY I will be. Supposedly they want me to! Look forward to seeing you there. How is the drought down under?

7:19 AM  
Blogger Tessa said...

Melbourne just turned winter on, and is doing it in true Melbourne style, with rain, wind, more rain, and more wind...it'll take years and years of decent rain to bring the reservoirs back up, but this is a good soggy start.

Tell me who to nag to make some live painting of some description happen. I have great nagging skills, heh.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,
Will you be at the L Ron Hubbard Illustrators of the Future workshop in August?
Randall Ensley

8:17 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Randall-as much as I would enjoy it, no. Can't be in two places at the same time. Japan will be a blast tho...thanks for stopping by!!!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home