Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, April 06, 2007

Dragons of France!

Project Day Show and Tell!!!
I've been working with a French publisher contributing dragons to a massive, be-all-end-all-Last-Word-In-Dragons type of book. Anyway, my friend there suggested a painting idea of a dragon battling some kind of "Dragon Kraken". I found the idea too much fun to walk past, so I did this sketch of it since, of course, I love dragons! Who doesn't? I have not done many commissioned dragons for awhile and now it seems like I am just exploding with them. I like drawing out a good pretty finished drawing rough, before beginning a painting like this. Solves alot of problems!
I also completed an article for IMAGINE FX, a British publication, on how to build the perfect dragon-kind of suggestions and a step-by-step.
Anyway, more small blog paintings quite soon. Recovery from the last week or so has been harder than expected. Got all the pictures off to Roq La Rue so that's all set. Ah...the weekend....maybe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home