Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The EYE has it!!!

Attack of The Eye Creature(8x10,oils SOLD*) I was going to title this "Outta This World #4 only because it was painted in that series for Roq La Rue Gallery's new show coming up. Again, if interested, contact Roq La Rue (http://www.roqlarue.com/) and their most excellent staff, for price and whatnot, as the show opens April 13th. As anyone knows who knows me, I love old B Sci Fi and monster pix. The title is partly taken from this really awful Larry Buchanan 1966 film THE EYE CREATURES- a "TV remake" of the old American International Pictures film INVASION OF THE SAUCERMEN from the 1950's. And more than a tip of the hat to the old 1969 film THE GREEN SLIME. I really love how the "eye" came out and the overall style of working here. It's very textural, and alot of paint was used on the rocks and the body of the creature, applied with brushes and finally, a palette knife.
I told you-this blog is going any and everywhere. Next up are some more "earthly" paintings, and I just got some new fossils when I was down in NYC the past day or so, so you'll see some pix of that too!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIICCCEE.

RETRO WITH HUMOR. DEFINITELY AN IMAGE AND FLAVOR WE NEED TO SEE MORE OFTEN.

I LIKE THE COLOURS USED FOR THE EYE.

YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN TO STICK WITH WHILE, BUT THIS LOOKS... PERFECT!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff Bob! Reminds me of that recent cover you did for the Subterranean Robert Silverberg collection, IN THE BEGINNING.

welshgriffin

6:13 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks!!! I love this kind of work. It's alot of fun and sometimes I think, SF takes itself a little *too* seriously, if you know what I mean, and it needs to get back to it's roots in monsters and aliens and pointed rocketships. That's my take on it.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Hey this guy would make a great stuffed animal. I'd put him on my bed.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Tanja said...

Lovely! It kind of reminds me of an old movie favorite I saw way back in 2nd grade "The Angry Red Planet". I actually drew a couple of pictures from that (the one-eyed creature and its eggs) for a story writing assignment that week...which had my teachers all worried, hee-hee! My mom was sweet and pinned it on the fridge when I brought it home.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! ANGRY RED PLANET is literally a classic to me, one of my favorite movies of all time. The Rat-Bat-Spider was pretty cool in my book, to this day.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home