Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, March 30, 2007

It's SPRING!!!

The Tree on The Hill(8x10, oils, SOLD!)I wanted to see some green, realizing it's now Spring. So I played around with clouds abit, and some greens and a tree. Note the contrasting angles of the landscape, and the clouds and that lovely texture. Nice little piece done in about 40 minutes. I like the clouds and how they came out, I'm sort of a bit influenced by the Barbizon school here, abit and more than just a little bit by George Inness, a painter of the past who did this luminous trees that always seemed to have this halo around them and really dramatic shadows.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! Reminds me of that other painting I tried to buy, but sold before I got it. . . Ghosts of Constable I think it was called.

Keep up the great work!

Jon

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sahi said...

Very nice!

2:40 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks all! This was alot of fun, and very...done just like that. Almost gestural.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home