Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Okay, I'm back painting...

Falls in The Forest Pt 2(8x10, oils, SOLD!)
I've been looking at Sargent's work again lately. There are worse things one can do with one's time. Working this way is like frosting a cake. I'd say it's 90% palette knife here,based on some pics from Oregon and depicted in the previous "Falls In The Forest"(which I wrongly said was outside Seattle, this was in fact near Silverton Oregon), this is another angle of the same falls. I "edited" out a bit of the road at the top of the hill. Nothing wrong with editing your paintings if need be. I like how the foreground blue reflections came out, one of the transfixing wonders of painting water in motion. It's transluscent and...reflective. Getting that fleeting moment between the two is what is the magic. All in all, a nice little painting.

3 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

Nice texture and color. I always seem to respond to those palette knife paintings here!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Tom Kidd said...

You've got the whole painting flowing with this one, not just the waterfall and stream. Nice job.

For the little bit we did, it was nice hanging out at the Lunacon. It's too bad I missed the corner painting session. Time got away from me. I even brought my French easel so I could join in. No one seemed to notice that, although I was signed up, I wasn't there.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Leslee-thanks! I LOVE the palette knife. Forces you to loosen up with the paint and just go with it. I always fear I'll fall on my face painting in public.

Tom-thanks so much! That means alot from you. Yeah, the flow is important. On the painting in public, I feared that no one would care-I showed up and NO ONE Was there! We got it all set up and I started and then people appeared! Hickman, Seeley, Donato, Bruce Jensen, and then Boris and Julie poked their heads around!! And I had a crowd. Fun time. I enjoyed hanging out too!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home