Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cold Enough for a Mammoth....

Bridge for a Mammoth(8x10 $SOLD!) Fun little mammoth study, with more cool enviroment around him. It's so cold, the thoughts of mammoths are not far away!!! This came out nicely textured as well, I was quite happy with it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I've always had a fondness for cold blue color schemes. The little bit of warm color in the mammoths fur really strengthens the impact.

I wish more of the top artists in the SF and fantasy field would start a daily painting blog. Its great to see something besides still lifes of marbles and fruit from a daily painting blog.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

David-Thanks! I intend to do a major Mammothian painting and, these are great work ups to that. This was alot of fun. More mammoths soon. And more "fantastical" works to come. I think I have found my space here. Even a few of my kind of mundane still lifes have found homes and will continue to do so.

10:17 AM  
Blogger David B. Ellis said...

Not to say I don't like still lifes. I do them myself fairly often. One just likes to see a little more variety in the world of daily painting blogs.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Another wonderful mammoth and a delightful ice age type background. Really gives you a feel for the life of such creatures.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

I want to paint more and, bigger too. These work as little work ups for what I want to do on a bigger scale.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home