Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, February 05, 2007

The sun on a warm coast....

The Golden Coast(8x10, oil SOLD!) I really love the ocean. I'm a water sign, maybe that's why? This was somewhere on Muir Beach, in California. It was what painters and photographers call "Magic Hour" with the lighting. That beautiful sunset that makes everything look....gold. It's so freezing cold here I am thinking warm thoughts of this time....enjoy!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe no one has commented on this one yet. It's a gem, Bob. Its amazing how many nuances of color you can get into such a small space.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Konstantin Pogorelov said...

I agree; the colors in the surf and the dark streaks on the beach I think are genius.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! This was a fave for me to do. Just that magic hour when the sun is setting on a California beach. Wow. I have lots more like this to do.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home