Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Like a Wave...

The Dark Wave(9x12, oils $ SOLD)To confess, this painting is from a bit ago. But you probably haven't seen it and I did it fairly quick so it fits the bill. Been a little bit busy so postings of totally new works will be irregular. I love the ocean and the ocean looking mysterious and even frightening is an alure for me. Anyway. More new stuff soon, really. But this just in....
Last night we went out with friends Leslee, CA, and Ron and Sarah(who was painted in the previous post) and had a terrific time at a great Chinese restaurant and Jazz club called "Chans" in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. I mean, there is NOT ALOT going down on a cold night in "Whoon-sock-ettt"(RI speak) but this makes an entire nightlife in one place in what is sadly a town that was big during the mill days, and part of it died when they left. Anyway, we saw a group called Johnny Hoy and The Bluefish and they were great! I need to do more of that-getting out to a place with great music and atmo. It was cheap, the food was excellent and a bargain and the friends were great to be with. My philosophy-get out, enjoy life, and friends and good music, food and wine/drinks. These moments never come again, appreciate them for this and you truly are alive.

8 Comments:

Blogger Space Case said...

This is amazing! I love the use of blues and greens that makes this piece look so real.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! I like stormy seas, and that kind of dark storm-tossed water. Russian painter Ivan Aivazovsky is a great influence for me in this regard.

1:25 AM  
Blogger David B. Ellis said...

Love this piece. Your seascapes are generally among my favorites of your paintings. It makes me want to visit the ocean and try my hand at them myself.

Ivan Aivazovsky? Ive never heard of him. I'll have to check him out.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks David! I'm a water sign so I naturally like the ocean.

Aivazovsky was like the Turner of Russia. The parallels were amazing. They put out two import expensive books on him a few years ago, I have both and just oogle over them.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Sahi said...

Wow, brilliant piece. You might have to take care that they won't get any better (or rather that I won't find the money to buy one), or I'll give you a headache on how to ship one to my side of the ocean. ;)

2:39 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hey, I ship anywhere! But thanks for your nice words as always. Yeah, I want to do more dark oceans like this. I love ocean, painting it.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Your painting reminds me of the words to an old hymn, "...on the stormy seas He speaks peace to me..." Beautiful painting and as usual your lighting (and lightning!) is superior. Love those colors.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Julie! I sometimes think of the song by Donovan called "There Is An Ocean" which I am doing a small painting for that soon!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home