Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My feelings about winter...

Imagined Sunset(8x10,oil $100)I did this in about 25 minutes. It was my view of the wintertime, a cold and sadly downcast time of year. It could be worse, it could be snowing. So I painted my "feeling" very quickly from imagination...and it worked out.



4 Comments:

Blogger Space Case said...

I love the colors in this one! It's amazing how you can capture a moment so well and paint it in just under a half an hour.

Your work is so beautiful!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks much! This just kind of came out of me as a quickie based on feelings of what I'm seeing sometimes with the short days(here).

12:16 AM  
Blogger Mary McAndrew said...

Hi Bob,
Your paintings inspire me to get my oils out and do some more landscapes! I am concentrating on birds of prey lately...it's hard to focus when so many things delight! I keep a nature sketching blog and love writing about my hikes out in nature and of course the paintings. I love your work!
Mary

12:40 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks MAry! I have to get back to it!!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home