Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Remember The Land that Time Forgot...?

Dinosaur(oils, 8x10, SOLD!)
Fun little piece, done at Boskone as a demo. Someone suggested that I put in a small plane to "complete" it and they were right in that suggestion as it works!! I have an idea for a book called "Barnstormin' Brontos" and, I can get away with calling an Apatosaur a Brontosaur because it involves biplanes and, the term Brontosaur was used in the 1920's and '30s. Besides, it sounds cooler. Pictured here is in fact some kind of carnivore, nondescript. We have only found 1% of all dinosaurs ever known, so it's safe to say there will be some oddities in the other 99%!!!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to purchase this painting. Contact me at

12:15 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! It's $100 plus the shipping which is about $10.00. I take Paypal,etc. Paypal is fastest in terms of turn around.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home