Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Farmer Karma....


Well, thanks to a synchroncity of thoughtfulness and, events, Bette and Phillip Jose Farmer are the owners of this very cover painting I did. I'm really pleased and proud to be involved in this book-it's pretty cool when the author and his wife want to own the painting I did. Also, the book got a starred review from Publisher's Weekly-this is no easy task. Here's the final cover design by Gail Cross, designer extrordinaire!!! It'll be a sell-out book, so go http://www.subterraneanpress.com/ and order one...

In the meantime-December is just a bad month for medical stuff-I accidently misstepped on a stair coming down from the studio and sprained my right ankle! Ouch! I'm keeping it elevated and, have it wrapped up and put ice on it. It feels better already, and should be fine soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Congratualtions on the book cover. Looks great. Hope they realize that they have art from the great zillabob.

Now watch that step. It is a lulu. Be well.

12:42 PM  
Blogger leslee said...

Geez, Bob, take care of yourself! Astrologically speaking, Saturn is now transiting Virgo, and as a Virgo yourself it's a good time to get serious about your health. And since Mars (physical energy) is retrograde until the end of January, moving forward at breakneck speed - well "break" and "neck" come to mind, so you might want to slow down a bit! It's icy as hell here - don't know about there. Having slid down all half-dozen of our stoop steps on my backside last week, I'm walking very carefully myself - our driveway is an ice sheet, though at least our landlady was out sprinkling magic salt on everything when I arrived home tonight.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Leslee!!! Our condo manager managed to do a good job of clearing out the parking lot-we have "cement" like ice but a warming trend will get rid of that. Maybe 50 on Sunday!!!. We haven't gone far, I'm resting my foot as it was the driving foot that got it. Thanks for the heads up on my astology info. I follow this very closely, often reading my 'scope whenever I see it listed. And of course,I trust you the most with such more specific info. You've worked like clockwork IMHO!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home