Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

You think it's HOT?

The Hot Sun(8x10, oils SOLD!)A spacecraft lifts off from a baking planet, in close orbit to a red sun. Kind of feels like that now with the weather out! Nice little oil painting, done for the show in Japan, if it doesn't sell it'll be up here for sale, so check back. Hard to believe I didn't blog for almost a week. It's been a wild ride. I also notice other blogs are "thin" these summer weeks. Blogs are more of a winter thing...why? Because we stay IN alot in winter...speaking of...I long for a nice crisp Fall.....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cool Bob!!!! that is awesome! Think i'm gonna have to fly to japan to buy it.

dave t

5:18 PM  
Blogger David B. Ellis said...

Excellent piece. It really captures the combination of technological can-do spirit and sense of wonder that made me fall in love with SF.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it, Bob-san! It is very simple and elegant, and has a great lonely feel to it -- no life on THAT planet (inspired by Sunshine? Hmmm?)

Love the limited yet effective color choices -- very nice, bro!

JOhn

10:06 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

I am beginning to think people like my space art. Maybe I'm okay at it? Yeah, I REALLY like these pix...and SUNSHINE was an inspiration.

More to come. More to come...

10:25 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Diddo here. Didn't blog for almost a week taking care of my Mom. Hoping for a normal week for you and me. Loved the rocket taking off!!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home