Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More fun with Light, Dragons and Rocks

The Dragon Tower(8x10,oil, SOLD)
I have a thing going here. Castles, imaginary lands, and I threw in some dragons just for the helluvit. Just lots of fun working with the palette knife and various lighting effects. The highlights on the facing rocks were all done with putting some nice thick paint on the canvas and kind of "carving" into it, like as I have said before, frosting a cake. About an hour on this painting. I used alot of Neo Megilp, and some Linseed Drying Oil. Knowing when to stop is a big thing to the success of these paintings.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Great castle on the peak with dragons. Love the grassy look under the castle. It gives a soft touch and beauty to the impending peril.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Julie. I love this kind of work. It's pure pleasure for me to do it.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Tessa said...

I love the feel othe light here. Very nice. That's a winter sun.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Tessa! Nice observation on it being a winter sun. Kind of a contradiction in terms when you think about it.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home