Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A dragon for today....

The Great Dragon(pencil concept)Okay, this is a sketch from my sketchbook-"The Great Dragon" . I had an idea to do a dragon that was absolutely huge-destroying a high perched castle. Of course, my friend TOm Kidd did something of a huge dragon too, but what can you do? Artists always have the same concepts come to them at the same time at one time or another. It's kind of like saying which version of "Come Together" do you like? The Beatles version or, Aerosmith's? Same song, two ways of doing it. Ideas and concepts are not sacred, but shared and what makes them interesting is how they are treated.
Anyway, no painting today, just busy, but I figured I'd put up something from my files to show you where my mind has been.

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Really cool sketch! You really draw the coolest dragons out there :)

Stephen and I will be at the con again this summer! We just got our hotel booked! Yay!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Sarah. We're passing on ComicCon, only because of the fact that it's too much to do that and Japan for the World SF Con. However, I'll actually be in Dallas at Con DFW in almost two weeks!!! I am their AGoH...we;re going to hang out with some DNA people too.

11:55 PM  
Blogger PR said...

I bet this turned into a really great painting! PR

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home