Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, January 19, 2007

Did you ever feel like a mammoth?

Wooly Mammoth(8x10, oil $SOLD!) Sometimes I feel just like this as I get older, shambling off, left out in the cold. I get the feeling, with all the digital out there, no one wants "actual" paintings anymore. I've contemplated going over to digital myself. I do a little of it and I have to admit it's alot of fun. Anyway, I love mammoths...they are alot of fun to look at. This is going to be a much larger painting, when I get the time to do it, but I wanted to capture the feeling of this massive, ancient creature, walking off into extinction...which brings us back to original paintings. Ah, my confidence is shaking again.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tessa said...

Who doesn't like mammoths? That one looks like me in the mornings...although I'm not quite as hairy. That's some great wool you have going on there.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't lose heart. I already want at least three of these, I just can't afford the darn things yet.

Lovely mammoth.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the fur. I'm ready to snuggle with him.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks alot all! Yeah, the wool was alot of fun to do. Not much to it, a squiggle of paint, a dash of white, gray, brown... I fully intend to do "more mammoths" soon.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Irene! I'm planning more mammoths! Soon! Doing this one small re-assured me I could do a larger version...

11:22 PM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

This is beautiful. Still no people, but at least we've got an animal - albeit an extinct one!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Lou. People-I'm "working" on that. There might be a small break in postings soon, as I have things to tend to, but, I have the people coming...

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home